Medi-Cal Exemption Requests (MERs)


California is moving seniors and people with disabilities with Medi-Cal into managed care plans. These plans are instead of traditional or fee for service Medi-Cal. If you want to stay out of managed care and instead get health care from your choice of facility or provider you may ask for a MER.  This publication tells you about a MER. It tells you who can get one and how to get it. It tells you what to do if you cannot get one.


Click links below for a full downloadable version.