Accessible Vote-by-Mail System
Did you know that voters with disabilities can request and receive access to the Accessible Vote by Mail system?
The Accessible Vote by Mail system allows voters with disabilities to download and mark their correct ballot privately and independently using their assistive technology, print their marked ballot, and mail to the Elections Office.
Voters with disabilities can:
- Download their ballot
- Read and mark it using their assistive devices
- Print it and mail it back to the County Elections Office
- A voter may request a Vote-by-Mail Ballot or RAVBM ballot up to 7 days prior to election day.
- In some counties, you must first register as a Vote-by-Mail voter.
- Voters who reside in Voter’s Choice Act counties, other than Los Angeles, do not have to request a Vote-by-Mail ballot, as they will automatically be receiving a ballot with the return envelope.
For more information how to request a RAVBM ballot in your county, contact your local County Elections Office at:
Contact DRC’s Voting Hotline at (888) 569-7955; TTY (800) 719-5798
For more information on RAVBM view our self-advocacy publication:
Many Voters with Disabilities Can Vote by Mail Privately and Independently