DRC is the protection and advocacy system for California. We can provide tools to help you resolve disability-related legal problems.
For self-help materials check out our Publications.
Disability Rights California helps Californians with disabilities. You may get DRC services on a disability related issue if you:
- Have an intellectual or developmental disability
- Are a regional center client
- Have a mental health disability
- Are a resident of a state psychiatric hospital
- Have a physical, learning, or sensory disability
- Have a traumatic brain injury
- Need access to technology that may help you live a fuller, more independent life
- Receive SSI or SSDI and need help keeping your benefits when you return to work
- Receive or want to receive Department of Vocational Rehabilitation services
- Have questions about your right to vote
To ask for legal help, call DRC at 1-800-776-5746 (Voice) or fill out our Short Term Assistance Request Form. For TTY call 1-800-776-5746. We will contact you in 2-3 days. If your issue is a DRC priority, we will schedule an appointment. We will give you general information, referrals or self-advocacy materials.