DRC is the protection and advocacy system for California. We can provide tools to help you resolve disability-related legal problems.
For self-help materials check out our Publications.
Disability Rights California helps Californians with disabilities. You may get DRC services on a disability related issue if you:
- Have an intellectual or developmental disability
- Are a regional center client
- Have a mental health disability
- Are a resident of a state psychiatric hospital
- Have a physical, learning, or sensory disability
- Have a traumatic brain injury
- Need access to technology that may help you live a fuller, more independent life
- Receive SSI or SSDI and need help keeping your benefits when you return to work
- Receive or want to receive Department of Vocational Rehabilitation services
- Have questions about your right to vote
If you have a question about your legal rights, please call us at 1-800-776-5746 between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday and you will be routed to an advocate who will consult with you on your question. If you call us after 4pm, we will schedule an appointment for you to speak with someone later in the week, or you can contact us the next day if you want same-day service.